I delivered our second daughter Rosalie 3 weeks ago, on November 7th. She was 3 days overdue. Not a huge deal in hindsight, but at the time it was 3 days too long. I had an acupuncture induction session the day before she was born to get things moving. I guess it worked.
She came fast, and furious. My first contraction was at 8:45am. I pushed her out at 12:45pm. There wasn't much time for drugs, great for baby, but not for mama. The labour was painful, but the whole time I kept thinking thank god I won't be pregnant anymore.
This is the list of things I will not miss about being pregnant.
- Waking up to pee three times a night.
- Strangers looking at me and saying, "You're ready to pop, eh?".
- Strangers telling me I was going to have a boy because of how high I was carrying baby.
- Irregular bowel movements (like I need anything extra taking up space in my belly.)
- Finding a new stretch mark on my stomach.
- Having Braxton Hicks, and realizing that the car is parked farther than I thought.
- Shaving my vagina by feel.
- Being told to be patient, that the baby will come soon.